Updated: July 2023
Bobit Business Media Inc. (“Bobit”, “BBM”, or “we”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of information provided to us. We provide this notice to ensure that your expectations and our practices are aligned and to make you aware of your choices with regard to our use and disclosure of the information you provide to us. We consider all subscribers, customers, members, web visitors, event/tradeshow/conference sponsors and attendees, webinar/webinar registrants, and speakers part of the Bobit community.
Bobit Business Media Inc.
21250 Hawthorne Blvd, Suite 360
Torrance, CA 90503
Phone: (310) 533-2577
SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
WHO WE ARE
Our company includes many different operating groups, products and brands. When you visit, create an account with us, or use sites and applications, your information is controlled by a member of the Bobit group of businesses, products and brands. This policy lists the practices that we follow.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information you provide to us, including personally identifiable information, in the course of you using, engaging with, or otherwise interacting with our products, services, events and programs. Through this interaction you can, among other activities, subscribe to one or more of our products (such as newletters, digital products, or magazines); request information from us or one of our trusted partners; engage in various activities like entering contests or sweepstakes, takes quizzes, downloading one of our white papers, responding to surveys, voting in polls or otherwise expressing an opinion; or participate in one of our online forums, or communities or webinars, as some examples of how you may interact with us.
We may also collect information about your personal or professional interests, opinions and/or your use of various products, services and programs. For example, we may ask you to provide your job responsibilities or the industry in which you work to qualify for a free magazine subscription is only one example to illustrate how we may collect information.
In some cases you can submit your information about other people. One example is you might submit a person’s name, company information, and mailing or email address to nominate the person for an industry award.
In addition to the information, you provide to us directly, we, our partners, advertising networks, advertisers or other third party service providers may also collect non-personally identifiable information when you visit our corporate or branded owned and operated website pages, open our emails, open a survey that comes from us, or engage with any of our other products or services. This includes such information as type of browser and operating system you are using, your IP address, your device identifiers, your internet service provider, location-based information, and the content you interacted with, viewed, or accessed. This data may be combined and linked with data from other sources.
We use Google Analytics remarketing, display network reporting, and analytics demographics and interest reporting. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising and customize Google display network ads using the Ads Settings (refer to Google settings preferences and their opt-out options , including (https://www.google.com/ads/preferences). Visitors may also opt-out of additional data collection via the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise our own products and services via the Google Display Network. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the internet. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies and third-party cookies to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our websites.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. In particular, we collect:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, enter a promotion, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account, such as your first name and surname, country of residence, address, gender, date of birth, email address, username, and password;
- Transaction information you provide when you request information, email us, or purchase, request, or do business with us, such as your postal address, email address(es), telephone number(s);
- Information you provide in public forums or comment sections on our sites and applications;
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using any of our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information;
- Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices;
- Location information, including precise or approximate location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites, applications, or in-person conference events, or associated with your IP address or other online or device identifier, where we are permitted by law to process this information;
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account through the creation of profiles under any of our company-owned and operated applications, sites and applications, or through any third-party applications that we use, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences;
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our websites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, or connect with our wireless Internet access services and other similar technologies, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address;
- Still or video images captured by cameras or readers on or around any of in-person conferences and events that we operate.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use the personal information that you provide us to provide products, services, content and programs to you. For example, as part of a subscription and/or registration agreement, subscribers and registrants may be contacted by us through mail, e-mail, mobile text and/or phone to communicate with them about their subscription and/or registration. They may be contacted for renewal, re-qualification, surveys, updates concerning their account profile and special offers related to their subscription and/or registration. You may unsubscribe from our communications (newsletter communications, e-mail communications, etc.) at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you are no longer interested in. You can also contact us at one of the contact methods we provide in this policy if you have questions or need assistance to unsubscribe.
From time to time, we may contact you (or permit selected third parties to contact you) to notify you of special offers or other products, services, programs, or events. By providing your e-mail address and/or phone number you consent to us contacting you by e-mail or phone.
The information we collect is also used to improve the content of our web pages, digital products, to customize the content and layout of our print magazines and digital products, and/or to notify visitors about updates to our websites. We do not share individual contact information about our members with advertisers or third-party vendors unless it’s specified when the information is collected. We may offer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, events, editorial features or other offerings that are sponsored or co-sponsored by or presented with identified third parties. By participating in such activities or offerings, your IP address(es) and the personally identifiable information you voluntarily submit may be provided to third parties we trust. Bobit does not control the third parties’ use of this information. Generally, we will let you know at the time of collection if a product is sponsored. If you wish to change your contact preferences with an individual exhibitor/sponsor or offering provider, please follow their own specific unsubscribe request details. Unsubscribing with Bobit stops Bobit from sharing your information with third parties and from contacting you about issues not related to your subscriptions or offerings you signed up for, but it does not affect any third-parties with whom we have shared your information from contacting you. Please note that once we share your personal information with another company in the circumstances outlined in this policy, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices. In order for you to unsubscribe from communication from third parties, you must contact the third-party company directly yourself.
Note that certain information, such as your password and credit card number is never disclosed in any form whatsoever to any outside party.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to selected third parties outside Bobit for purposes associated with payment processing, the supply of products or services, for website administration or elsewhere when you have consented to such disclosures. These third parties are contractually bound to use any personal information only to perform the services that Bobit has hired them to provide.
In addition, we make available sponsored or third-party content, services and/or products, and content provided to us from third parties. In return for access to this content, we may ask you to provide us with personal information such as name, company, address, e-mail address and/or phone number. When accessing content sponsored or contributed by a third party, your personal information may be shared with those third parties, and the information will be governed by those third parties’ privacy and data protection policies and practices as well as ours. Bobit does not bear any responsibility or liability for any actions, practices or policies of such third parties. If you do not wish to have your information shared with a third party, please do not access any sponsored or third-party content, services or products on Bobit’s owned and operated websites.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties in, including but not limited to the following circumstances:
- In the event we buy or sell any assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such asset.
- In the event a currently owned Bobit asset is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data will be transferred to the third party as part of the acquisition.
- If we are under duty to disclose or share personal data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce our terms and conditions, or other agreements or to protect the rights, property or safety of Bobit.
YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
ACCESSING / CORRECTING / UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may view and update information that you previously submitted to Bobit by contacting us through one of the contact options we provide in this policy. Current subscribers and registrants can also access and change their information by selecting the appropriate link in the e-mail product, or on the website where their current subscription/registration resides. Note a request to change information may not be accommodated if the request conflicts with legal requirements or could result in incorrect information. Please contact us if you have any request on this and you need assistance. Requests to view or change personal information may take a few days to process.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
- Correcting, updating, and deleting your registration account(s) with Bobit and its businesses;
- Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and other products or services offered by Bobit and its businesses;
- Choosing whether to receive from us e-mails, offers and promotions for our services and products, or services and product that we think may be of interest to you;
- Choosing whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers, promotions and information about their products and services;
- Controlling targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners; data exchanges, and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers;
- Choosing to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using the settings and choices made available to you through your device(s), for example, by re-setting your devices’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads;
- Requesting removal of your personal information from one of our sites or applications;
- Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
Your information will be retained as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose that it has been collected and processed, taking into account any legal requirements. We will retain your information as needed to continue offering services to you. If you choose to terminate your account, associations between information we store and your account will no longer be accessible through your account. If you have engage in any public sharing prior to account termination, that information will remain accessible to the public on our services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, enforce our agreements, and resolve disputes. For additional time, some information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes.
We also use third-party advertising companies and business customers to serve advertising to visitors and users of our websites. These companies may use information (not including visitors’ names, addresses, e-mail addresses, or phone numbers) about visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to visitors. For more information about behavioral advertising practices or to opt-out of this type of advertising for some companies, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org and http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Additionally, your controls and choices may include controlling targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners; data exchanges; and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers, by visiting http://www.optout.aboutads.info.
AD SERVERS AND THIRD PARTIES
Some of our web pages, products, and services contain links to third-party sites and services whose privacy practices may be different than ours. We also allow you to connect with other third party sites and services. You should consult the other third party sites’ and services’ privacy notices, policies and practices in order to better understand their privacy practices. Please note that once we share your personal information with another company in the circumstances outlined in this policy, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices. In order for you to unsubscribe from communication from third parties, you must contact the third-party company directly yourself.
Bobit takes every precaution to protect your information from unauthorized use. When you submit personally identifiable information via our websites or provide it to us through one of the several products and services that we offer (such as through one of our live tradeshows), the information is protected both online and offline.
Note that children (individuals 16 years of age, or younger) should always get permission from their parents or guardians before sending any information about themselves (such as their names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers) over the internet, to us or to anyone else. We won’t knowingly allow anyone 13 years of age, or younger, to register or otherwise do business with us, or to provide any other personal information. As a matter of policy, Bobit does not collect any demographic information specifically on age. If you are 13 years of age or younger, please do not provide us with any personal information about yourself (such as your name, your e-mail address or your phone number).
YOUR US STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
NOTICE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect all or just some of these categories of personal information when you interact with us: identifiers/contact information, email information, demographic information, payment card information associated with you, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, and inferences drawn from the above.
We collect this information so that we can best serve you, including to fulfill your requests and to share information that we think you may be interested in.
Disclosures / Sharing / Selling
California residents also have the right to “opt out” of the “sale” or “sharing” of their personal information to or with third parties (as those terms are defined under law).
“Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” Rights
You or your authorized agent can opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information to third parties.
Certain data collection on our sites and applications for purposes of interest-based advertising and social media tools may be a sale or sharing under California privacy law. Instructions for how you can exercise these rights are set forth below in the “California Residents’ Rights” section.
California Residents’ Rights
Right to Access
You have the right to request, up to two times each year, access to categories and specific pieces of personal information about you that we may collect, use, disclose, sell and share.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we collect from you, subject to applicable legal exceptions.
Right to Correct
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you, subject to applicable legal exceptions.
Right to Opt Out of any Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information to or with third parties (as those terms are defined by applicable law).
Exercising Your California Privacy Rights
Making Access, Deletion, and Correction Requests to Bobit
To make an access, deletion, or correction request, please contact Bobit at:
- Privacy Manager Bobit Business Media Inc., 21250 Hawthorne Blvd, Suite 360, Torrance CA 90503
- Phone: 310-533-2577
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before completing your request, we may need to verify your identity. We will contact you to verify your email address and may request additional documentation or information solely for the purpose of verifying your identity.
Making Access, Deletion, and Correction Requests to Bobit
To make an access, deletion, or correction request, please contact Bobit at email@example.com
Making Requests to Opt Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
Contact Bobit to submit a request to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information by contacting us at the above address, Bobit phone number or Bobit privacy email. You may also use an authorized agent to submit a request to opt out on your behalf if you provide the authorized agent signed written permission to do so.
Note that if you at any point choose to Opt Out and follow the instructions herein to do this per the terms of this policy, but you subsequently later opt back in with us by later subscribing to any of our company-owned and operated websites, choosing to download any of our content, subscribe to one of our newsletters, or in any way opt back in anywhere in our Bobit operated websites, by downloading any of our content, you understand and accept that we may share your information with our sponsors, even if you previously submitted a opt out request or a do not sell request to Bobit.
If you have a question about Bobit’s privacy policies, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selling, Sharing, Targeted Advertising
We may use personal information to support “targeted advertising”, “selling”, or “sharing”, as defined by applicable privacy laws, which may result in third parties receiving your personal information. You may opt out of these activities on this digital property consistent with applicable law. Please note that, because these activities are based on online cookies, your opt-out choice is specific to this property. If you access other digital properties of Bobit Business Media Inc., you will need to make your election for each. Also, if you clear your cookies on this browser or use another browser or device, you may need to opt out again on this property.
To opt-out, you may choose to contact us at email@example.com, or you may choose to provide the information requested in the opt-out form provided here which may enable us to take action on your opt-out election more broadly than just this digital property.
To enable us to address your request, please complete this form and follow all instructions, taking care to provide all information accurately to help ensure the most accurate results. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process.
CALIFORNIA MANDATORY DISCLOSURES
We also make the following disclosures for purposes of compliance with California privacy law:
- We collected the some or all of the following categories of personal information in the last 12 months: identifiers/contact information, demographic information, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, electronic, visual or similar information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- The sources of personal information from whom we collected are: directly from our guests, users and clients, third-party sites or platforms that you link with your registration account, analytics tools, social networks, advertising networks, and third-party services that update or supplement information we hold about you.
- We also make the following disclosures for purposes of compliance with California privacy law:
- As defined by applicable law, we “sold” or “shared” the following categories of personal information in the last 12 months: identifiers/contact information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above. We “sold” or “shared” each category to or with advertising networks, data analytics providers, and social networks.
- The business or commercial purpose of “selling” or “sharing” personal information is to assist us with marketing, advertising, and audience measurement.
- We do not “sell” or “share” the personal information of known minors under 18 years of age.
- Contact Information: If you have a question about our privacy policies, including the California Privacy Rights policy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This notice to Virginia residents is provided under Virginia law. It explains your privacy rights and provides certain mandated disclosures about treatment of Virginia residents’ information, both online and offline.
VIRGINIA RESIDENTS’ RIGHTS
- Virginia law provides Virginia residents with the rights listed below.
- Right to Access
- You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your personal data and to access your personal data.
- Right to Correct
- You have the right to correct inaccuracies in your personal data, taking into account the nature of the personal data and the purposes of the processing.
- Right to Delete
- You have the right to delete personal data provided by or obtained about you.
- Right to Portability
- You have the right to obtain a portable copy of the personal data that you provided to us.
- Right to Opt Out
- You have the right to opt out of targeted advertising (as defined under Virginia law). We do not sell data as defined under Virginia law.
EXERCISING YOUR VIRGINIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Making Access, Deletion and Correction Requests
- To make an access, deletion, or correction request, please contact us at email@example.com. Before completing your request, we may need to verify your identity. We will contact you to verify your email address and we may request additional documentation or information solely for the purpose of verifying your identity for any request you have.
- Making Requests to “Opt Out” of Targeted Advertising
VIRGINIA MANDATORY DISCLOSURES
We make the following disclosures for purposes of compliance with Virginia privacy law:
- We process some or all of the following categories of personal data: identifiers/contact information, demographic information, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We process some or all of the following categories of personal data for targeted advertising: identifiers/contact information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above. We share each category with advertising networks, data analytics providers and social networks.
USERS OUTSIDE THE U.S.
EU Data Subject Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process Personal Data about you only where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable data protection law, including under the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means we collect and use your Personal Data only where:
- We need it to provide the services including to operate our websites.
- Provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of our websites.
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your rights and interests), such as for research and development, and to market and promote our websites and to protect our legal rights and interests.
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose.
- We need to process your Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation.
We note that we are a “controller” for those services where we make decisions on how personal information is used in connection with our services, and we are a “processor” for those services where we only use personal information as allowed by our customers.
We may use your email address to send you newsletters or marketing-related emails. We will ask your consent consistent with the applicable law when you first provide your Personal Data. You can opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.